Coedkernew Community Council
Meeting held at the Parc Golf Club on Tuesday 17 July 2018
Cllr T Boswell
Cllr M Pearce
Cllr D Stephen
Cllr D Johnson
Cllr T Llewellyn-Jones
City Cllr T Suller
One member of the public
Cllr L Goss
Cllr P Turner
City Cllr R White
18/11 Declaration of Interests
18/12 Minutes of previous meeting
Minutes were agreed for accuracy.
18/13 Matters arising from the minutes
Car dealers contacted with manager to speak to staff regarding high performance cars using SDR.
18/14 Police Matters
Police report for the Marshfield Ward for the month of July was presented to members.
4/6 Jamaica Walk garage break, 16/6 Tredegar House theft of lead, 19/6 A48 Coedkernew youths throwing stones from flyover causing 2 windows to smash on a coach, 27/6 Powis Close theft, 44 cars ticketed at Imperial Way. E-mail from neighbourhood inspector regarding trotters racing in the area.
Members reported the following issues, white van parked outside Berry Hill Cottage for months,
15 July about 40 cars parked and racing within the area some cars without number plates, Police were contacted
- Bank statement
- Clerk and Council Direct
- Aneurin Bevan Community Health Council
- One Voice Wales, AGM 19 July
- Thank you from Parc Golf Club for donation
- HMRC acknowledgment about registering as an employer
18/16 Finance Matters
Bank balances were discussed with the council actively looking at reducing balances.
- 18/0588 Proposed lawful development certificated for single storey rear extension. 5 Raglan Mews, Coedkernew (no objections)
- 18/0582 Ground and 1st floor rear extension. The Hawthorns, Blacksmiths Way, Coedkernew (clerk to contact planning officer)
- 18/0555 Construction of surface car park and associated engineering works(no objections) Courtyard, Imperial Way, Coedkernew
- 18/0566 Proposed construction of commercial unit with retail outlets(no objections) Land to the East of Caerleon House Cleppa Park, Coedkernew
18/18 Any Other Business Cllr T Suller informed members that the car park at Imperial Way will be started soon, NCC looking at wooden posts to stop parking on verge; tree pruning to take place on the A48, the opening of the railway bridge at Hawes Lane has been delayed due to health and safety issues. Members reported rubbish dumped on Church Lane, traffic cones left on side of A48 after road works, resident only signs erected at Pencarn Avenue.
Cllr D Stephen informed members that this was his last meeting as he was moving out of the area, members thanked Cllr Stephen for his commitment to the council for 45 years service, his knowledge of the area will be missed